US-MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024/2025 (Fully Funded to the USA).
The MEPI Student Leaders Program (SLP) is a rigorous leadership and civic engagement program for competitively selected undergraduate and graduate students between the ages of 20 and 24 from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. The 2024-2025 program will address Climate Change and Environmental Protection.
Overview: US-MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024/2025
Students are placed in U.S. universities where they complete academic coursework, develop leadership and project management skills, and expand their understanding of civil society and participatory governance processes in the United States and MENA region.
The cornerstone of the US-MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024/2025 is the development of Community Engagement Plans (CEP), where each student is required to identify an issue/opportunity related to climate change or environmental protection that they would like to address in their communities. During the program, students will have the opportunity to meet their American peers, engage in community service activities, and meet civil society organizations.
The Student Leaders Program (SLP) is a yearlong three-part program:
pre-summer, summer, and post-summer with the most intensive part taking place during the summer. The summer program is an intensive 4-week program and is tentatively scheduled to take place from June 28 until July 26, 2024.
The summer program will be an in-person program. Upon completion of the summer program, students will implement their Community Engagement Plans (CEPs) and receive follow-on support, training, and professional networking opportunities, including joining the 2,000-strong MEPI Alumni network. A competitive follow-on Accelerator Workshop may be held in the region.
Eligibility Requirements: US-MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024/2025
- Citizenship: Students from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen.
- Applicants must hold citizenship from the aforementioned countries as well as reside in their home countries, with the exception of Syrian and Yemeni applicants.
- Applicants who are American citizens or U.S. Legal Permanent Residents are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants cannot be a third-country national of the nominating country with the exception of Syrian and Yemeni applicants.
- Country of Residence: ALL applicants must live in their home country.
- Return to Country of Residence: Applicants must be committed to returning to or remaining in their home country/community following completion of the program.
- University Enrollment: Applicants must be currently attending an undergraduate or graduate university program in their home countries. Applicants may also have recently graduated from an undergraduate program within 6 months or less from the program state date of June 28, 2024 or will commence graduate studies in the Fall 2024 academic semester in their home country. Applicants should not be commencing study in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in the USA during the Fall 2024 academic semester.
- Academic Achievement: Applicants must demonstrate a high level of academic achievement.
- Commitment to Leadership and Civic Engagement: Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to leadership and civic engagement in their communities.
- Commitment to Climate Change and Environmental Protection: The 2024-2025 SLP will focus on climate change and environmental issues. Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to addressing climate change and environmental issues in their communities. 2024-2025 Student Leaders are required to have a climate change/environmental protection Civic Engagement Project (CEP).
- Ages: Applicants must be between the ages of 20 and 24 with birth dates falling between July 26, 1999 and June 28, 2004.
- English Proficiency: Applicants should have high English-language proficiency skills to participate in U.S. university academic classes in English.
- Availability: Applicants must have the ability to fully participate in the Student Leaders Program, particularly the intensive summer program that will tentatively take place from late June 2024 to the end of July 2024.
- Flexibility and Participation: The program will be an in-person program. Please only apply to the program if you are willing to commit to participating in an in-person program.
Applications are due on December 18, 2023 at 23:59 GMT.
How to Apply for US-MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024/2025