Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded).
Reporters Without Borders Germany is calling for applications for its Berlin Fellowship Program: Empowering Journalists in the Digital Field. From May 2024 until the end of October 2024 six journalists from crisis areas will be invited to Berlin for six months.
During their stay in Berlin, the fellowship holders can enjoy a break and will complete a comprehensive training program on digital self-defence for journalists. The program is funded by the Berlin Senate Department for Economic Affairs, Energy and Public Enterprises.
Read also: MRCG Doctoral Training Program Scholarship.
Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship Application Requirements
The following requirements for the Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship apply to Professional journalists, bloggers, media professionals and citizen journalists who
- are exposed to digital threats of any form and
- experienced digital violence such as doxing or impersonation and
- want to educate themselves about digital security in order to improve their personal security and the safety of their sources and
- are interested in passing on the knowledge acquired during the scholarship program to colleagues in their home regions and, ideally, already have some experience in teaching or other areas of knowledge transfer and
- are able and willing to fully participate in the program. We expect the applicants to be available for all activities of the program including the comprehensive training for digital security. Please plan with about 20 to 25 hours per week during the training period.
- In the selection process, positive consideration will be given to applicants who work as investigative journalists on topics such as the climate crisis, corruption, labour rights or migration.
Benefits of Applying
- Reporters Without Borders will cover the travel costs, take care of all visa-related matters, provide and pay for an apartment in Berlin for the duration of the scholarship, grant a monthly allowance of 1000€/month, pay for health insurance and the use of public transportation in Berlin.
- Every fellow will participate in an extensive training program in the field of digital security with experienced trainers for several months.
- Furthermore, during their stay in Berlin, scholarship holders will be given insights into the activities of Reporters Without Borders Germany, a globally-active journalist and human rights organization.
Period of stay in Berlin
The stay is limited to six months. It starts at the beginning of May 2024 and ends at the end of October 2024. The exact dates for the travel to and from Berlin will be communicated to the chosen participants.
Eligibility Criteria: Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship 2024.
If you want to apply for the Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship, you;
- must have a very strong command of the English language, as the whole fellowship program will be conducted entirely in English and
- must have adequate experience working as a journalist, be it as a professional journalist or as a citizen journalist and
- must show a strong interest in learning in-depth about digital security for journalists. A high level of proficiency in regards to digital security is not required. Anyone who is used to working with a computer and smartphone can apply
- and must be able and willing to fully participate in all activities of the program (see above Who can apply)
- must show that you are willing to return to their home region after the fellowship in Germany.
- Construction Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship in…
- Hotel jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship 2024: APPLY NOW
- EXPLORING JOB OPENINGS IN CANADA: OPPORTUNITIES AND INSIGHTS
- Immigrate To Canada as a Skilled Welder with Visa…
- Top 10 Highest-Paying Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship
- Relocating to Canada as a Nurse in 2024
- Jobs for foreigners with visa sponsorship in Canada
- Immigrate to Canada as a Real Estate Agent 2023/2024
- Housekeeper Job Openings in Canada
How to Apply for Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship 2024.
If you want to apply for the Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship program, please fill out
Then please send the following four documents in four separate PDFs to apply for the program
- a completed and signed application form
- the completed questionnaire
- your CV and
- an identity document (ID or passport)
Application Deadline: The application closing date for the Reporters Without Borders Berlin Scholarship is December 04th 2023 at 23:59 (Central European Time).
For More Information: