DAAD Scholarship at Dedan Kimathi University. Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT) is pleased to announce the commencement of applications for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme 2024.
This initiative, in partnership with the DAAD, seeks to establish robust, internationally-geared higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa. These systems are envisioned to play a pivotal role in the region’s sustainable development.
The DAAD scholarship programme is anchored on a few pivotal goals:
- Awarding scholarships for development-centric studies to individuals intent on pursuing careers in teaching and/or research within higher education institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Preparing future academic and professional trailblazers, thereby facilitating:
- Active participation of qualified professionals in solving development-linked challenges in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The augmentation of education and research quality in the region.
- Structural fortification and regional amalgamation of associated institutions and universities.
Beneficiaries of the DAAD scholarship can expect a comprehensive package encompassing:
- Complete Tuition Fees
- Annual study and research stipend
- Printing allowance
- Monthly Scholarship to cater for accommodation, food, and other essentials.
- Travel allowance (Only applicable in-region)
- Insurance coverage (Only applicable in-region)
Prospective candidates for the scholarship should:
- Be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African nation.
- Possess a BSc degree in Food Science and Technology with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Upper Division). Alternatively, hold a BSc degree in related domains such as Food Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Nutrition and Dietetics, Agri-processing, or Crop/Animal Production. The degree must be recognised by the DeKUT Senate.
- Display evident motivation and unwavering dedication.
- Proficiently communicate in both spoken and written English.
- Have secured their latest university degree no more than six years prior to the application.
- Ideally, belong to one of the following categories:
- A staff member of a public university.
- A prospective candidate for teaching or research staff positions.
- A public sector member.
- An alumnus of the DAFI-programme.
Special note: Female candidates, recognised refugees, and individuals from other marginalised areas or groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship at Dedan Kimathi University.
- Initial Step: All applicants are required to submit a comprehensive application for the programme through the DAAD Portal. Please be cognizant of both the DAAD and DeKUT application deadlines.
- Mandatory Documents:
- Fully completed DAAD application form.
- Curriculum Vitae (inclusive of publication list, if applicable).
- Academic recommendation letter from a university professor.
- Admission letter from DeKUT (can be submitted subsequently if unavailable during application).
- Authenticated copies of university degree certificates with transcripts.
- Motivation letter detailing personal, and social objectives and study relevance.
- Passport copy or National Identification Card.
- Semester schedule.
- Timetable (if involving a research stay in Germany).
- UNHCR registration details as a refugee (if applicable).
For an exhaustive overview, kindly refer to the official DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship documentation.
Application Deadline: November 23, 2023.
The DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship represents an unmatched avenue for budding professionals in Sub-Saharan Africa to bolster their academic and professional trajectories. It’s more than just financial aid; it’s a beacon for regional transformation.